Last updated on: 25/05/2018
1.2 Our details are as follows:
- Data controller: Units 4 & 5 Arena 14, Bicester Distribution Park, Charbridge Way Bicester OXON OX26 4SS
1.3 This Policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on our website and becomes effective immediately.
1.4 Please take the time to read this Policy, which contains important information about the way in which we process personal data.
1.5 For the purposes of this Policy, "European Data Protection Legislation" is defined as, for the periods in which they are in force, the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, all laws giving effect or purporting to give effect to the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (such as the Data Protection Act 1998) or otherwise relating to data protection (to the extent the same apply) and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/670) (“GDPR”) or any equivalent legislation amending, supplementing or replacing the GDPR.
2 Information we may collect about you
2.1 We may collect and process information about you through various means, including:
- in the course of carrying out work for you.
- via our website or third part websites (e.g. on our website the ‘Contact Us’ page, Brochure Request Page and Request a Quote Page, by email or other electronic correspondence.
- by telephone.
- networking (e.g. at show fairs, client events and/or other or events either hosted (showroom) or attended by us)
- by operating security policies and procedures in our offices (e.g. by virtue of our access to CCTV footage recorded by our buildings’ landlord and other CCTV footage we collect in our offices)
2.2 The personal data you give to us may include:
- your name and title
- contact information, including telephone number, postal address and email address
- information relating to your location.
- in certain circumstances, your and others’ signature(s), National Insurance number(s), financial details such as bank account details and details of any relevant sanctions or similar restrictions
- in certain circumstances, data relating to health (including disabilities), the content of any enquiry submitted over our website
- any other personal data we collect (such as the client reference number which may be assigned to you) in the context of our work for our clients or in the course of operating our business.
2.3 Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
- Location, device and demographic information (Google Analytics provides age range and gender information. Find out more about how Google collects demographic data).
2.4 We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
2.5 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2.6 The personal data described above may relate to any of the following categories of person:
- third parties with whom we have contact by virtue of providing legal / accountancy services.
- those with whom we work in the context of our Corporate Responsibility initiatives
- those who submit enquiries through our website or whose details are otherwise entered into our client relationship management system
- any other visitor to our offices.
4 How we will use your information
4.1 We may use your information for the following purposes:
5 Legal grounds for processing your information
5.1 We will rely on the following legal bases under European Data Protection Legislation for processing your personal data:
6 Sharing your information
6.1 We may share your details with carefully selected third parties. These may include service providers, support services and organisations that help us to market our services and third parties instructed to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and/or our clients in the course of business.
6.2 If we share your information with third parties they will process your information as either a data controller or as our data processor and this will depend on the purposes of our sharing your personal data. We will only share your personal data in compliance with the European Data Protection Legislation.
6.3 We may disclose your information to third parties when:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if our website or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of our website, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6.4 The third parties include:
- our bank (including as permitted by The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 which, for the purposes of preventing money laundering or terrorist financing, may require us to disclose your personal data on request to our bank from time to time where we hold monies in our pooled Client Account on your behalf)
- our insurers
- our auditors, including external accreditation bodies
- our regulator / Trade body BHTA
- our email marketing platform provider and our website platform provider
- selected partner digital agencies and online job application provider
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- any third party you ask us to share your data with.
6.5 Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6.6 We will not rent or sell our users’ or other contacts’ details to any other organisation or individual.
7 Storage and retention of your personal data
7.1 We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register on our website will be located behind a firewall. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data.
7.2 We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes to provide the services to you and in accordance with our Terms of Business. We may keep your data for longer than our stated retention period if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it for research, preventing conflicts of interests or statistical purposes. If we do, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your privacy and only used for those purposes.
7.3 Any contact details stored on our client relationship management database will be removed from our mailing lists if they do not interact with our emails (i.e. open emails or click on links within them) for a certain period following which they will be moved to an archive folder before being deleted permanently.
7.4 The third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you.
7.5 We will, subject to paragraph 7.2, not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
8 Sending your information outside of the EEA
8a We never knowingly send data outside the EEA.
9 Withdrawal of consent
9.2 If you do withdraw your consent, we may still be able to process some of the data that you have provided to us on other grounds and will notify you of these at such time.
10 Your information rights
10.1 European Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared.
10.3 We will ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information – this is so we can prevent unauthorised access.
10.4 Please note: any access request made before 25 May 2018 may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. After 25 May 2018, in the event that an access request is unfounded, excessive or especially repetitive, we may charge a ‘reasonable fee’ for meeting that request. Similarly, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. (That fee will be based upon the administrative costs of providing the information).
11.1 If you consent to us contacting you, we will always aim to be respectful, relevant and appropriate. If at any time you do not think that we have complied with this, please contact us straight away to let us know.
11.2 You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For more details please visit the ICO website.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer:
Name: Vicky Horne
Address: Units 4 & 5 Arena 14, Bicester Distribution Park, Charbridge Way Bicester OXON OX26 4SS
Telephone number: +44 (0) 1869 255 400
Alternatively, you can contact us through the Contact Us section of our website.